Kwara State has emerged the best State in the North Central and 6th in the country in the implementation of the Federal Government–led “Saving One Million Lives (SOML) initiative following an evaluation of the scheme carried out by the Federal Ministry of Health and the World Bank.
The Senior Special Assistant to the Governor on Media and Communication, Dr Muyideen Akorede made this known while addressing press men on the outcome of the State Executive Council meeting on Wednesday.
He said that the State was assessed on the basis of maternal, newborn and child health, immunisation, contraceptive prevalence rate, usage of long lasting insecticide treated nets, delivery support and improvement in health care services.
Dr Akorede said that the council was pleased as it was a very good news for the State and its people to start the New Year on an excellent note.
He further disclosed that based on the success recorded in the first phase, the State has been selected among the 12 States that will benefit from the second phase of the scheme.
The governor’s media aide said that the council applauded the government for its effort in this regard.
Speaking further, Akorede said the council took note of the forthcoming electioneering campaign and stressed the need for all public commentators, party officials, clergy men and any individual engaged in public discourse to avoid any speeches capable of been labelled as hate speech or incitement.
According to him, council noted that Kwara under the watch of Governor Abdulfatah Ahmed is a strong believer in the rule of law and freedom of expression as guaranteed by the constitution of the Federal republic of Nigeria and directed the State Attorney General and Commissioner for Justice, Justice Kamaldeen Ajibade to bring to the attention of law enforcement agencies anybody found to be indulging in such actions.
- Aisha Buhari withdraws case against critic Aminu Mohammed
- INEC announces dates for PVCs collection
- Ronaldo denies reports he swore at Portugal coach over substitution
- Lagos marks International Day of Persons with Disabilities
- Soludo presents appointment letters to 5, 000 newly recruited teachers in Anambra
- Again, INEC office set ablaze in Imo
- No end to fuel scarcity — Oil marketers
- Naira depreciates marginally, exchanges at 445.83 to dollar
- YABATECH suspends ‘students’ week’ over shooting incident on campus
- Again Twitter suspends Kanye’s account for violating rules