Kwara State has emerged the best State in the North Central and 6th in the country in the implementation of the Federal Government–led “Saving One Million Lives (SOML) initiative following an evaluation of the scheme carried out by the Federal Ministry of Health and the World Bank.
The Senior Special Assistant to the Governor on Media and Communication, Dr Muyideen Akorede made this known while addressing press men on the outcome of the State Executive Council meeting on Wednesday.
He said that the State was assessed on the basis of maternal, newborn and child health, immunisation, contraceptive prevalence rate, usage of long lasting insecticide treated nets, delivery support and improvement in health care services.
Dr Akorede said that the council was pleased as it was a very good news for the State and its people to start the New Year on an excellent note.
He further disclosed that based on the success recorded in the first phase, the State has been selected among the 12 States that will benefit from the second phase of the scheme.
The governor’s media aide said that the council applauded the government for its effort in this regard.
Speaking further, Akorede said the council took note of the forthcoming electioneering campaign and stressed the need for all public commentators, party officials, clergy men and any individual engaged in public discourse to avoid any speeches capable of been labelled as hate speech or incitement.
According to him, council noted that Kwara under the watch of Governor Abdulfatah Ahmed is a strong believer in the rule of law and freedom of expression as guaranteed by the constitution of the Federal republic of Nigeria and directed the State Attorney General and Commissioner for Justice, Justice Kamaldeen Ajibade to bring to the attention of law enforcement agencies anybody found to be indulging in such actions.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
ROYAL NEWS eCopy March 28, 2022
- FAAN inaugurates App for airport taxi
- LASU aims to become best varsity in W’Africa — VC
- Poverty not for any true child of God— RCCG Pastor
- Tinubu was never a minister, Osinbajo was commissioner when I was Speaker— Amaechi
- With your support, I will win – Tinubu tells Bauchi delegates
- Why Kano APC Delegates Should Vote Me — Amaechi
- APC Governorship aspirant resigns from party
- Court sentences 27yr-old student for illicit drug trafficking
- Breaking….. Buhari orders embattled Accountant-General’s suspension
- Deborah: Stop escalation of jungle justice across Nigeria, govt urged