I saw hell, had three miscarriages – Wife tells court
A housewife, Rasidat Odubonojo, on Tuesday told an Idi Ogungun Customary Court at Agodi, Ibadan, that her estranged husband, has no respect for elders.
Her husband, Babatunde, had approached the court seeking dissolution of his three-year-old marriage to Rasidat on the grounds that his mother-in-law was seeking to control his matrimonial home.
The plaintiff also told the court that his wife packed out of her matrimonial home to live with her parents without notifying him.
But in her response, Rasidat told the court that arrogance, high temperament, selfishness and lack of respect for elders were the best words to describe the father of her one-year-old baby.
According to her, Babatunde pretended to be the best-behaved man on earth when courting her, only to reveal his real character traits after marriage.
She said, “I saw hell in the first year of our marriage because I had three miscarriages but he never showed me love as he promised.
“It got to a point that I decided to quit the marriage, but my parents encouraged me not to divorce, appealing that he would change when I have a baby for him.
“He had insulted my parents on several occasions when they were trying to settle our differences.
“I gave birth to the only child of the marriage through Caesarean Section which almost claimed my life.
“I packed out of my matrimonial home when I could no longer cope with his bad attitude toward me and he did not bother to look after me nor the only child for three months.
“I support and agree with his decision to end the marriage because he is not worth to be called a responsible husband.”
In his judgment, Chief Mukaila Balogun, the President of the court, said it was clear that both parties no longer love each other.
“They, therefore, cease to be husband and wife henceforth and should go their separate ways,” he said.
Balogun, however, ordered the plaintiff to pay a monthly allowance of N5,000 for the maintenance of the only child of the marriage.
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- What Buhari told Nigerians in his 38–paragraph final address
- Yoruba nation promoters take over FG Radio station, declares self-govt
- President Buhari confers citizenship on 385 foreigners
- I have made Nigeria better– Buhari insists
- Bakare utters suprising statements as Tinubu takes over power tomorrow
- Tuition increment: 2 UNIABUJA students expelled
- Defence Minister hand-over to Perm Sec., Ibrahim Kana
- Lagos to ban parking on roads
- South-east eternally grateful for Second Niger Bridge completion– Soludo
- Buhari, Shettima, Sultan, others attend Inauguration in Abuja