Aminat Isah, in Enugu
The Federal Government has reiterated its commitment to infrastructural development across the nation stressing that the Second Niger Bridge would be ready for use in two years, ROYAL NEWS reports.
The Minister of Information and Culture, Lai Mohammed stated this on Wednesday while speaking at the Asaba end of the project as part of his inspection tour.
He also expresses the federal government determination to complete all ongoing government projects across the country.
The Minister also assured that funding will not be a problem, as the presidential intervention infrastructural funding which is aimed at ensuring that no project like it suffers from lack of funding is in place.
He further stressed that the federal government wasn’t sleeping or politicizing the project as the impact of the ongoing construction work will not be understood until finally completed.
According to him, “Very soon, the second Niger bridge would be completed, and it would change the socioeconomic situation of the country. We are working in a creek, what people want to see is that bridge, and before you see it you must have done a lot of work.
“The contract of the second Niger bridge was awarded in 2014 by the last administration and nothing was done until 2016, and the Buhari administration funded the project. So far, a lot has been done and in the next two years, passengers would not have to queue on the first Niger bridge again.
“The thing about this project is that because of the alignment, people from the old bridge will say nothing is going on, you have come here and you can see a lot of work is going on and I am excited because with technology the challenges here are over come. You could hear that in June/July the water level usually rises by 2-3meters and it’s not like the way we use to have casualties like before.”
“It is important that you are here, because if you are not here l, you will not see the enormity or importance of what is going on. It is very important for naysayers to try to mislead people who nothing is being done on the second Niger bridge, but for what we have all seen today, clearly work is going on the second Niger bridge.”
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector
- COAS tasks retired officers on maximum utilisation of entitlements
- Sulu-Gambari greets Olomu of Omu-Aran, Oba Adeoti at 66
- PDP governors working to resolve party crisis—Tambuwal