Amina Isah, Abuja
Armed security operatives on Thursday assaulted journalists at the commissioning conducted by President Muhammadu Buhari in Kaduna, ROYAL NEWS reports.
It was learnt that the journalists who had introduced themselves and also shown the security operative their accreditation tags were denied entry into the venue of the event.
A combined team of team of the army, the mobile police, the DSS and Civil defense cordoned off the entrance insisting they were acting on orders.
However, pleas by the officialls of the Ministry of Transportation to allow journalist in fell on deaf ears and one of the security operativw was quoted to have said the would start pushing the journalists while some were cocking their guns with threat to throw tear-gas.
They began pushing the journalist and in the process brutalized the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reporter, Taiye Edeni and that of AIT/Ray-Power Enemaku.
Also manhadled was a ministry of transportation press unit official, Mrs. Ijeoma Chijioke Adindu who was leading the journalist.
The same journalists had successfully covered the President Mohammadu Buhari’s commissioning of the Nigerian Railways Corporation (NRC) new locomotives and train coaches.
The NAN reporter who was punched in the face by a mobile police man was rushed to the Red Cross mobile treatment bay and was given first aid. She was given an injection and the eye was treated.
The reporters sensing more danger retreated as they where denied access to the venue by the overzealous security agencies.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
ROYAL NEWS eCopy March 28, 2022
- Dancing Senator, Ademola Adeleke declared as authentic Osun PDP candidate
- Hajj: NAHCON inaugurates, screens medical team
- PHOTO NEWS: Faces at NDC security seminar held in Abuja
- EFCC traces N130m illegal trasnfer into ex-Speaker Patricia Etteh’s account
- FCTA laments influx of beggars from states
- NERC releases update on alleged Tariff increment
- Saraki woos Osun PDP delegates, canvasses support for Adeleke
- PHOTO NEWS: Tinubu visits Kwara, salutes Emir Sulu-Gambari
- Tinubu assures of victory against any PDP candidate
- KWACCIMA pleads with FG to reopen Kwara, Niger borders