Eyewitnesses disclosed that sporadic gunshots were heard within the area as residents prepared to break their Ramadan fast.
Spokesman of the Nigerian correctional service in Kano, Musbahu Nasarawa who confirmed the incident said the rebellion was quelled through the concerted efforts of the prison officials.
Nasarawa who denied claims that the crisis was the result of lack of food items or poor quality of food for the inmates, said violence at the correctional facility ensued after prison officials attempted to retrieve illicit items found with some of the prisoners.
“We have put down the rebellion through the concerted efforts of the prison officials.”
- Kwara Gov. reshuffles cabinet, swears-in new commissioners, others
- SON issues MANCAP certificates to 102 companies in Kano
- KAM Holding Gets SON Applause, Bags 6 MANCAP Certificates (PHOTOS)
- ASUU: Lectures receive full salaries for November, without arrears
- Osun Speaker, Owoeye meets Governor Adeleke
- Adeleke tasks panels to recover ”looted” state assets
- Lawmaker assures release of detained Nigerian lady in UAE
- Qatar says 500 death toll of World Cup workers recorded
- Justice Nyako seeks appointment of more judges for speedy justice dispensation
- Tinubu in Abuja not in the United States says APC PCC