Operatives from Department State Security Service and other critical Stakeholders have rescued five aid workers from the captivity of notorious terrorists in North-Eastern Nigeria on Wednesday’s evening.
The aid workers were abducted by the Islamic State West Africa Province, popularly known as ISWAP terrorists on December 22, 2019 along Monguno-Maiduguri Road in Borno State.
It was gathered that the rescue operation involved the DSS operatives in collaboration with other critical stakeholders in military and intelligence services.
Those rescued are: Jennifer Samuel UKUMBONG (Alliance for International Medical Action, (ALIMA); Asabe Cletus MUSA, Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA); Adamu Auwal OZESHI; Arthur Ibojekwe CHIMA ( Solidarity International) and George Danbaba MICHEAL (International Organisation for Migration, IOM).
When contacted, the spokesperson of DSS, Dr. Peter Afunaya confirmed the development and added that they aid workers are in good health and are being debriefed as appropriate.
- Emir of Ilorin breaks silence on COVID-19, sends strong mesage to traditional rulers, others
- Another coronavirus patient dies at LUTH
- Kwara governor grieves over Ekiti LG Speaker’s death
- Lagos discharges 4 coronavirus patients
- COVID-19: Disquiet at UITH over patient’s death
- KAM Holding boss donates N20million to prevent COVID-19 in Kwara
- PHOTO NEWS: How Late Galadiman Patigi, Dr. Alfa Saadu was buried in London
- Coronavirus Update: Nigeria’s cases increase to 184
- Lagos discharges 11 additional coronavirus patients
- COVID-19: TUYIL hails Kwara govt, donates N10million
News3 months ago
Army approves cigarettes allowance, N20,000 salary increment for soldiers
Education5 months ago
UNILORIN education faculty emerges best in Nigeria
News10 months ago
Sokoto assembly confirms Gov Tambuwal’s 26 comissioner nominees
Politics4 months ago
Breaking… Kwara governor appoints Yinka Aluko S A Special Duties
Politics10 months ago
Breaking…GOV. ABDULRAZAQ APPOINTS COMMITTEE ON REVIEW OF SALES OF GOVT PROPERTY (See full names)
Politics5 months ago
EXPOSED…. Why Kwara Governor wants more women in his cabinet— Ajadi
Politics3 months ago
Gbemi Saraki finally breaks silence, changes political slogan
Politics10 months ago
Breaking…Kwara assembly suspends 16 LGs chairmen