Oba Daudu Suleiman of Aawe community in Asa Local Government Area of Kwara, has appealed to the State Government to rescue the community from the seven-year electricity blackout.
Daudu-Suleiman, District Head of the community, made the appeal in an with our reporter in Aawe on Thursday.
According to him, the community has been without electricity since seven years ago, after a heavy rainstorm damaged some electric poles in the area.
He said that the cables that fell from the damaged electricity poles were later carted away by some unidentified persons.
The district head lamented that lack of electricity has paralysed the socio-economic activities of the residents of the community for the over seven years.
According to him, many the artisans, especially those that use electricity to carry out their daily economic activities, had fled from the community.
Daudu-Suleiman told NAN that the Ibadan Electricity Distribution Company (lBEDC), came to dialogue with the residents of the community two years ago, about the solution to the blackout but that the move did not yield any positive outcome.
The district head, therefore, appealed to Gov. AbdulRahman AbdulRasaq to assist the community by restoring electricity to the community to rejuvenate its economy activities.
Meanwhile, in a swift reaction, the State Commissioner for Energy, Alhaji Lafia Aliyu-Sabu, said the Ministry of Energy was not aware of the blackout in Aawe community.
Aliyu-Sabu directed the community to formally write to Gov. AbdulRahman AbdulRasaq about their plight directly.
He assured that the governor would then forwarded the letter to the ministry for necessary action.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections
- Tstv accepts pay per view model against other stakeholders
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate
- Senate Moves to Whittle Down Powers of CBN Governor
- National Assembly’s Clerk, Amos Ojo solicits support for security agencies
- 2022 Olojo: Ooni assures of restoration of Nigeria’s lost glory
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council