Details of five different accounts belonging to the suspended Chief Justice of Nigeria, Walter Onnoghen have released to the Code of Conduct Tribunal.
An official of Standard Chartered Bank, Ifeoma Okeagbue, gave details of the balances on Thursday.
Okeagbue, who is Team Leader, Priority Banking, as well as Onnoghen’s Relationship Manager at the branch of the bank in Wuse II, Abuja, said all the bank accounts were still active.
Testifying as the third prosecution witness in the ongoing trial of the suspended CJN on charges of false and non-declaration of assets, Okeagbue said the accounts, opened separately between 2009 and 2010, were in euro, pound, dollar and naira denominations.
Led in evidence by the prosecuting counsel, Mr. Aliyu Umar (SAN), Okeagbue said the euro and the pounds accounts were savings, the dollar account was current, while the two other accounts were in naira denominations, with one being savings account and the other current.
Reading from the statements of the accounts earlier admitted as exhibits, Okeagbue said, “On the account 5001062686, the opening balance in January 2018 was €30,178.58.
“As at December 2018, the balance was €10,187.18.
“On account 5001062693, at January 2018, it was with opening balance of N6,411,312.77.
“At December 2018, the balance was N12,852,580.52
“On account 5001062679, the opening balance as at January 2018 was £39,456.08 and by December 2018 the balance was £13,730.70.n account 0001062667, the opening balance as at January 2018 was N24, 280, 904 and as at December 2018, the balance was N2,656,019.21.
“On account 0001062650, as of January 2018, the opening balance was $80,824.25, and by January 2019, the balance was $56, 878.”
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector
- COAS tasks retired officers on maximum utilisation of entitlements
- Sulu-Gambari greets Olomu of Omu-Aran, Oba Adeoti at 66
- PDP governors working to resolve party crisis—Tambuwal