Our reporter, who witnessed the incident, observed that the motorist was riding a Ford Escape SUV with registration number RSH 612HX and was close to the service lane when he saw an officer of the FRSC jump in front of another vehicle in the traffic jam by LEA Primary School, Nyanya.
The motorist, who declined to give his name, asked the FRSC officer to approach the driver of the vehicle he was trying to arrest in a more civilised way. The officer got angry, left that vehicle and got over to the driver of the Ford and slapped him after a hot exchange of words.
City News observed that close to a dozen FRSC officers were on routine stop and search duty around the Nyanya pedestrian bridge on the Keffi-Abuja expressway and they also descended on the motorist.
They forced him to park at Forte Oil service station where they manhandled him and threatened to call the military if he refused to follow them to their office.
When our reporter approached the most senior officer in the team to comment, he said he did not know the exact problem but he alleged that a brother of the Ford driver was trying to fight them.
The Unit Commander of the FRSC in Nyanya, Mr Mike Arinze Agu, could not reply to a text message our reporter sent to his mobile phone number requesting for comments on the incident.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector
- COAS tasks retired officers on maximum utilisation of entitlements
- Sulu-Gambari greets Olomu of Omu-Aran, Oba Adeoti at 66
- PDP governors working to resolve party crisis—Tambuwal