The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), has released the names of the 35 candidates that would be contesting the governorship elections in Kwara.
INEC Resident Electoral Commissioner (REC) in Kwara, Malam Garba Attahiru-Madami made the list available to journalists in Ilorin on Friday, ROYAL NEWS reports.
In the list, Alhaji Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq is the candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), while Kayode Alabi is his running mate.
The candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) is Razak Atunwa while his running mate is Oladipo Solomon Muyiwa.
Dr Olajide Adebola is the candidate of the Social Democratic Party (SDP) with Dr Abubakar Umar as his running mate.
Labour Party (LP), has Comrade Isa Aremu Obalowu as its governorship candidate with Mrs Moses Rebecca as his running mate.
In all, 35 governorship candidates would be contesting for the post of governor of the state with their running mates.
28 political parties fielded candidates for the 26 slots of House of Assembly seats.
Meanwhile, APC has declared that the listing of Abdulrazaq as the party’s flag bearer has put to rest the claim of those parading themselves as candidate of the party.
A release by Ambassador Yahaya Seriki, DG, Kwara Central, AbdulRahman AbdulRazaq Campaign Organisation said it was a victory to the people of the state yearning for freedom.
“The final release of the names of governorship candidates in which our name emerged alongside other bonafide candidates across the country has defeated the evil gimmick of those who sponsored confusions to stop our people’s march to political freedom.
“The ‘To Ge’ campaign in Kwara is an idea whose time has come because we are poised to end tyranny, underdevelopment, poverty and that annoying sense of entitlement by some overlords in this state.
“We thank the people of Kwara for always believing in us despite every attempt to sabotage this movement.
“We will not disappoint you all. Now that the INEC has finally spoken, we urge the saboteurs to change their ways,” the DG said
- Tinubu in Abuja not in the United States says APC PCC
- Aishatu Gobir delivers UNILORIN 219th Inaugural Lecture Dec. 1
- Late KWASU VC: University Releases Appreciation Notification
- BREAKING… IGP, Usman Baba sentenced to prison
- Arsonists cannot deter us from holding 2023 elections, INEC Chairman
- Bank failure: Depositors’ monies safe– NDIC assures
- FG approves 2-week paternity leave for civil servants
- Labour Party challenges Tinubu to open debate with Peter Obi
- Society for Peace Holds 16th Annual Conference Nov. 30
- If you think migrating legally is good for you, go– Femi Adesina