Mrs. Ahmed who spoke to journalists on Thursday stated that LEAH Charity Foundation has touched so many lives positively and would continue in that direction to the glory of God and benefit of mankind.
ROYAL NEWS reports that the Commissioner for Information, Alhaji Mahmud Ajeigbe, as well as Chief Executive Officers of the government owned media house in the state i.e Kwara State Television, The Herald and Radio Kwara were also in attendance.
According to the first lady, “Ours at LEAH is to give the widows, orphans, vulnerable and abused children hope and follow-up with their activities to enhance and sustain their means of livelihood.
“Although, LEAH Charity Foundation happens to be a project that I started informally even before my husband became the state governor. I therefore used the privilege of being in this position to broaden the scope of our activities in other to achieve the desire goals of touching lives.
“LEAH Project is a calling by God that I had tried to dodge many times but He later inspired, guided and equipped me to sojourn on the journey.”
While speaking on her numerous interventions, Mrs Ahmed disclosed that LEAH Charity Foundation’s Train had embarked on many Community Outreach, adopting the burdens and parental responsibilities of Orphans and vulnerable children, empowerment of women and needy husbands among others.
She further explained how she lost the duo of her friend and aunt to cancer illness which later compelled her to commence an advocacy, awareness and campaign against cancer in the society especially women.
Mrs. Ahmed also appealed to the general public especially parents to stand up their responsibilities of providing for the needs of their children as well as attending to their health challenges by visiting healthcare centres when necessary.
She identified lack of fund as part of the challenges of the foundation and urged media practitioners and members of the public to always follow-up with the numerous activities of the foundation for effective information dissemination.
She therefore commended the authorities of University of Ilorin Teaching Hospital, General Hospital, Ilorin, Sobi Specialists Hospital as well as other tertiary healthcare centres across the state for their supports in ensuring that LEAH achieve its visions.
- Two suspects arrested for possessing, selling counterfeit N1000 notes
- Nigerian Actress enters trouble for spraying, stepping on new naira notes
- TINUBU’S CAMPAIGN SHUTS DOWN EKITI, SAYS NOTHING CAN STOP APC’S VICTORY
- 2023: Muslim Media Watch Urges Security Agencies To Fine-Tune Strategies
- IGP orders arrest, prosecution of sellers of new naira note
- Buhari speaks on new naira notes redesign amidst hardships
- NPC boss warns against extortion from applicants
- Tribunal judgement: I have faith in judiciary – Gov. Adeleke
- PoS surcharge: Operators allege bank officials sell cash to them
- Oyo Governor, Makinde Suspends Campaign Activities Over Fuel, Naira Crisis