Our attention has been drawn to a malicious rumour that Hon. Mashood Mustapha (MM) was arrested in Ilorin. This rumour, which undoubtedly emanated from the retrogressive camp is not only laughable but a figment of the peddler’s imagination.
For the records, Hon. MM arrived his family house in Isale Aluko, Alanamu ward alongside his driver and orderly at about 7:05am to exercise his civic responsibility. After casting his vote, he stayed behind to interact with friends and family and left for an important meeting at about 3:30pm.
Aside from being a stalwart of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Kwara State, Hon. Mashood Mustapha is a respectable politician whose popularity transcends beyond Kwara state. Thus, he will never do anything to dent a reputation he has built over the years.
The former federal lawmaker has paid his dues as far as Kwara politics is concerned and he is resolute to put an end to political godfatherism in Kwara state; a feat which has thrown the retrogressive camp in disarray.
Hon. Mashood Mustapha is known for his resilience and respect for the rule of law. He has never been caught in any form of illegality and he will never drag the name of the respectable Mustapha’s family in the mud.
It gladdens our heart to inform the good people of Kwara state that not only did Hon. MM exercise his franchise today, but he also delivered his Polling Unit (Aiyebasan 024) to APC just as he has promised. This is the beginning of good things to come in Kwara state.
Earlier in the day, the Kwara state Police PRO, DSP Ajayi Okasanmi debunked the rumour of Hon. MM’s purported arrest on behalf of the Kwara state police command. He advised social media users to discountenace the story in its entirety, noting that “fake news is destructive, we must avoid it like a plague, arrest and prosecution awaits writers of such news”.
Arising from the foregoing, we urge naysayers to desist from spreading falsehood about an honourable man or face the wrath of the law.
Change has come to stay in Kwara and truly, enough is enough (O To Ge)!!!
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate
- Senate Moves to Whittle Down Powers of CBN Governor
- National Assembly’s Clerk, Amos Ojo solicits support for security agencies
- 2022 Olojo: Ooni assures of restoration of Nigeria’s lost glory
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign