Senate has confirmed the appointment of Hon. Omolola Abiola- Edewor as Executive Director, Corporate Services of the Nigeria Deposit Insurance Corporation, NDIC.
This followed the consideration of report by the Committee on Banking, Insurance and other Financial Institutions chaired by Senator Rafiu Ibrahim, PDP-Kwara South, which had earlier screened the appointee.
Abiola-Edewor, a former member of the House of Representatives, is the first daughter of the acclaimed winner of the June 12, 1993 presidential election, Bashorun Moshood Abiola.
Presenting the report, Senator Ibrahim said Abiola-Edewor, who is currently occupying same position, is qualified for a second and final term of five years.
He said the Senate at its sitting on April 9, referred the request for her nomination to the committee for screening.
The lawmaker noted that, “the committee held the screening and we went through her curriculum vitae, security clearance form and code of conduct bureau details.
“She hails from Ogun State and she will be in charge of the administrative running of the organisation.
“The committee also found out that the nominee has no petition against her and she is qualified to hold the position for another term. So, we recommend that she be confirmed”.
Seconding the committee’s recommendation, Senator Barau Jibrin, APC-Kano North, said, “the nominee has shown to be eminently qualified and by her pedigree she is qualified to be confirmed.
In his remarks, the Senate President, Dr Bukola Saraki put the confirmation to a voice vote and it was adopted by the lawmakers.
The committee had on April 18, screened the nominee and promised to refer the report to the Senate in plenary.
Meanwhile, President Buhari had written the Senate, seeking Abiola-Edewor’s confirmation in accordance with provisions of 5(4) of the Nigerian Deposit Insurance Corporation Act.
Facebook Comments Box
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections
- Tstv accepts pay per view model against other stakeholders
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate
- Senate Moves to Whittle Down Powers of CBN Governor
- National Assembly’s Clerk, Amos Ojo solicits support for security agencies
- 2022 Olojo: Ooni assures of restoration of Nigeria’s lost glory