Senate has confirmed the nomination of Professor Ayo O. Omotayo as the new Director General of the National Institute for Policy and Strategic Studies, NIPSS, Kuru, Jos, Plateau State.
Omotayo’s confirmation was sequel to the consideration of a report by the Joint Committee on Establishment and Public Service Matters; and Federal Character and Inter-Governmental Affairs.
Vice Chairman of the Committee, Senator Danjuma La’ah, in his presentation on behalf of the chairman, Ibrahim Shekarau, described the nominee as an “asset” who possessed the requisite legal requirements specified under sections 3(2b) and 5 of the National Institute for Policy and Strategic Studies 2004.
He disclosed that there was no adverse security report against the nominee and his appointment as Director General of the NIPSS.
“Both the DSS and Police reports submitted to the Committee on the life of the nominee to date did not reveal any iota of crime or wrong doing against him,” La’ah said.
The nominee was thereafter confirmed by Senate.
- Opinion: Peter Obi and the Obidient’s futile effort faking Sultan’s endorsement
- New Naira Notes: Police begins patrol of banks in Kwara
- Naira redesign: Customers urge CBN to sanction banks not paying N20,000 over the counter
- Fuel scarcity: IPMAN laments inability to source products
- Gov. Akeredolu swears in new chief judge, 4 high court judges
- Two suspects arrested for possessing, selling counterfeit N1000 notes
- Nigerian Actress enters trouble for spraying, stepping on new naira notes
- TINUBU’S CAMPAIGN SHUTS DOWN EKITI, SAYS NOTHING CAN STOP APC’S VICTORY
- 2023: Muslim Media Watch Urges Security Agencies To Fine-Tune Strategies
- IGP orders arrest, prosecution of sellers of new naira note