Senator representing the Federal Capital Territory, FCT on the platform of the People’s Democratic Party, PDP, Phillip Aduda is now the new Minority Leader of the Senate.
Similarly, his counterpart from Enugu North, Senator Chukwuka Utazi, has become the new Minority Whip of the upper legislative chamber.
Appointments of both principal officers followed their nominations by the PDP in a letter signed by the party’s National Secretary, Senator Sam Anyanwu and addressed to the Senate President, Dr. Ahmad Lawan.
The Senate President read both letters during plenary on Tuesday.
- NatureNews Targets 5bn Trees Plantation by 2030, Unveils ‘NaijaGreenProject’ Initiative
- NLC suspends nationwide protest
- Names of Tinubu’s aides following him to Qatar revealed (See List)
- Group petitions Tinubu, others over N20bn LGs fraud in Benue
- Banks to face N1trn recapitalization as Senate plans six years term for CBN Gov.
- BREAKING….Senate begins probe of Ajaokuta Steel Coy, NIOMCO over $496m payment
- (VIDEO) Vigilantes rescue abducted victims, kill one kidnapper, apprehend others in Kwara
- IOC’s Divestment: We Facilitate, Not Hinder Process — NNPCL
- Introduce Food Stamps prog to tackle hunger, Senate urges FG
- Senate confirms Bakari as NFIU director