Senator representing the Federal Capital Territory, FCT on the platform of the People’s Democratic Party, PDP, Phillip Aduda is now the new Minority Leader of the Senate.
Similarly, his counterpart from Enugu North, Senator Chukwuka Utazi, has become the new Minority Whip of the upper legislative chamber.
Appointments of both principal officers followed their nominations by the PDP in a letter signed by the party’s National Secretary, Senator Sam Anyanwu and addressed to the Senate President, Dr. Ahmad Lawan.
The Senate President read both letters during plenary on Tuesday.
- No end to fuel scarcity — Oil marketers
- Naira depreciates marginally, exchanges at 445.83 to dollar
- YABATECH suspends ‘students’ week’ over shooting incident on campus
- Again Twitter suspends Kanye’s account for violating rules
- Osun: Adeleke’s emergence as Gov divine– Traditional worshippers
- Aisha Buhari now wears dress meant for 3 people– Solomon Dalung
- A’Ibom YPP Guber Candidate Jailed For 42Yrs
- Abuja-Kaduna train service resumes Dec. 5– FG
- Angry youths set ablaze Iree Oba’s Palace in Osun
- Oyetola left N76bn debt, says Osun Govt