Senate has ordered its standing committees till November 24 to submit budget reports to the Committee on Appropriations.
This is contained in the budget hearing guideline released by the chairman, Senate Committee on Appropriations, Senator Barau Jubrin after meeting with all standing committees chairmen.
Briefing newsmen, Senator Barau said the meeting is line with guiding principle of budget hearing all chairmen of standing committees have been informed about the guidelines for the budget hearing.
According guidelines released by Senator Barau, the budget hearings and engagement with MDAs by Appropriation sub-committees will hold between October 18 till November 5.
“The public hearing by the Appropriations Committee will held between November 8 and 9, submission of Defence of the budget.
“Coalition/Harmonisation of reports by Appropriations Committee will start by Thursday 25th of November till Tuesday, 7th of December, 2021.
“Printing and distribution will be between Wednesday 8th till Monday 13, December, 2021 and Laying and Presentation will be Tuesday 14th December and consideration and passage will Wednesday 15th – Thursday 16th, December, 2021.”
- If you think migrating legally is good for you, go– Femi Adesina
- Lagos 2023: Two guber candidates step down for Jandor
- Housewife, 20, arrested for allegedly killing her co-wife with pestle in Bauchi
- Buhari’s in-law, Sha’aban resigns from APC
- Unilorin ASUU protest alleged casualisation of intellectual workers
- Tinubu will run an all-inclusive government, says PCC
- London museum returns looted Benin bronzes to Nigeria
- Fire guts 150 shops in Kachako Market in Kano State
- 2023 Election: INEC won’t allow PVC collection by proxy
- Gov. Zulum appoints 7 Permanent Secretaries