The National Assembly Service Commission (NASC) has announced the appointment of new clerks for the Senate and House of Representatives, as well as the redeployment of others.
Chairman of the Commission, Engr. Ahmed Kadi Amshi, stated that the new appointments have Barrister Chinedu Akabueze redeployed from his former office of Clerk of the House of Representatives, to the Senate as the new Clerk.
The redeployment of Akabueze from the House of Representatives followed the retirement of the Clerk to the Senate, Ibrahim Dauda El-Ladan, who was asked to proceed on retirement by the Commission from February 9, 2022.
Akabueze will however be succeeded by Barrister Yahaya H. Danzariya, who will Act as Clerk to the House of Representatives pending the appointment of a substantive Clerk.
Also, Fatai O. Jimoh becomes Acting Deputy Clerk Legislative for the House of Representatives.
Others appointments include Kamoru Ogunlana Esq as Acting Secretary, (Legal Services) and Engineer Bashir Aminu Yero, Acting Secretary (Directorate of Estate and Works).
Barrister Henrietta Aimua-Ehikioya was redeployed to the Directorate of Special Duties from Legal Services Directorate as Secretary while the former Secretary of Procurement, Estate and Works, Engr. Liman Baba Sanda is now the Secretary of the newly created Directorate of Procurement and Supplies.
Amshi said the appointments were approved at the 549th meeting of the commission which took place on Wednesday 2nd and Thursday 3rd March, 2022.
- PHOTO NEWS: Reception in honour A.B. Sulu-Gambari SAN in Abuja
- Adeleke suspends Osun election commission chair, members
- A.B. Sulu-Gambari SAN: Celebrating A Prince In The Silk (PHOTOS)
- HND holders to be employed as assistant lecturers in polytechnics – NBTE
- Naira notes redesign’ll control inflation in Nigeria — Don
- Adeleke directs heads of LGAs to take over from sacked council chairmen
- My son will play for Super Eagles – Oliseh
- Man jailed one year for possessing 101 PVCs in Sokoto
- PVCs, ballot boxes, destroyed after an attack on Ebonyi INEC office
- Gov. Adeleke appoints Chief of Staff, SSG, CPS