The senate has passed a bill seeking to provide for the establishment of the National Council for Digital Innovation and Entrepreneurship in the country
The bill is tagged Nigerian Start-up Bill, 2022.
The passage of the bill followed the consideration of a report by the Committee on ICT and Cyber Security.
Chairman of the Committee, Senator Oseni Yakubu (APC – Kogi Central), in his presentation, said the bill seeks to provide for the establishment of the National Council for Digital Innovation and Entrepreneurship.
According to him, the council, upon its establishment, would create and develop an enabling environment for technology-enabled start-ups in Nigeria.
Meanwhile, a bill for an Act to provide for the ease of doing business to ensure transparency, efficiency and productivity in Nigeria and for other related matters, on Wednesday, scaled second reading.
The bill was sponsored by the Deputy Senate Leader, Ajayi Boroffice (APC – Ondo North).
The bill after consideration, was referred by the Senate President, Ahmad Lawan, to the Committee on Trade and Investment for further legislative inputs.
The Committee was given two weeks to report back to the chamber in plenary.
In a related development, another bill to establish the Federal Nephrology and Kidney Research and Treatment Centre Hadejia, also scaled second reading on the floor.
The bill, sponsored by Senator Hassan Ibrahim Hadejia (APC – Jigawa North-East), was referred by Lawan to the Committee on Health (Secondary and Tertiary).
The Senator Yahaya Oloriegbe-led Committee was given four weeks to turn in its report.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Emir Sulu-Gambari prays for Doyen of Geology, Prof. Oyawoye at 95
- Again, Buhari urges ASUU to call off strike
- Kwara Govt secondary school without classrooms
- NBA lauds Bala Mohammed for signing judiciary autonomy bill into law
- APC Chieftain lauds Faleke’s appointment as Secretary of APC Presidential Campaign
- Transform Raw Materials To Finished and Revenue Generating Product – FG
- Afritel trains journalists on good governance, accountability reporting
- Soludo suspends LG chairman over wife’s death
- Two more internet fraudsters jailed in Kwara + 2 Photos
- MAN unveils secretariat in Kwara, lauds Gov. AbdulRazaq