As race for the 9th Senate Presidency hots up, a socio-political organisation, Oduduwa Development Initiative, ODI has called on all senators from the South West across parties to support Senator Ali Ndume, APC-Borno South for the position.
The group in a statement signed by its national president, Ambasador Akinyele Olasumbo, said Senator Ndume would serve the nation better if elected as number three citizen of the country.
Akinyele explained that the group’s decision was reached after serious scrutiny of all candidates in the race for the exalted position, adding that the wealth of experience of Ndume can not be matched by any of other contestants.
“The expectation of the Nigerian people from the 9th Senate is very high and thus all hands must be on the deck to enthrone a credible, impeccable and astute leadership in the Senate.
“The Oduduwa Development Initiative therefore endorsed Senator Mohammed Ali Ndume for the office of the Senate President. The Yoruba development apex body urges all Yoruba sons and daughters in the Senate to support Senator Ali Ndume”, he stated.
Akinyele, however, charged the All Progressives Party, APC national chairman, Comrade Adams Oshiomhole, to stop desecrating the integrity of Nigeria democracy by single handedly choosing candidates for the National Assembly.
According to him, the Assembly should be given the benefit of doubt to elect the best among them to lead them.
“We condemn the party chairman for unilaterally choosing Senator Lawan, such imposition by the party leadership contravenes the right of equal justice for all Senators elect,” he added.
The group leader further affirmed that the emergence of Senator Ndume will make an enduring positive impact.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector
- COAS tasks retired officers on maximum utilisation of entitlements
- Sulu-Gambari greets Olomu of Omu-Aran, Oba Adeoti at 66
- PDP governors working to resolve party crisis—Tambuwal
- Multichoice, stakeholders reject pay-per-view for TV
- Money to fix Nigeria stolen on daily basis – ICPC