Senate President, Dr. Ahmad Lawan, has appointed the former Deputy Minority Leader, Senator Emmanuel Bwacha, as the chairman of the Committee on Procurement.
Lawan announced Bwacha’s new appointment at the start of plenary.
The lawmaker, last week defected from the opposition People’s Democratic Party, PDP to the majority All Progressives Congress, APC.
The national chairman of the PDP, Dr.l Iyorcha Ayu, in a letter to the Senate on Tuesday, nominated Senator Shuaibu Isa Lau as the new Deputy Minority Leader to replace Bwacha.
The Senate President, on Wednesday, also announced Lau’s appointment as the Vice Chairman of the Committee on Works alongside Bwacha’s on the floor.
Meanwhile, a total of five bills have passed first reading in the Senate.
The bills include: Alvan Ikoku Federal University of Education (Establishment) Bill, 2022 by Senator Francis Onyewuchi (Imo East); Infrastructure Development Bill, 2022 by Senator Sadiq Suleiman Umar (Kwara North); and Administration of Criminal Justice (Repeal and Re-enactment) Bill, 2022 by Emmanuel Orker-Jev (Benue North West).
Others are the Terrorism (Prevention and Prohibition) Act 2013 (Amendment) Bill, 2022 by Suleiman Abdu Kwari (Kaduna North); and National Artisanal Petroleum Refining Development Agency (Establishment) Bill, 2022 by Aliyu Sabi Abdullahi (Niger North).
- Opinion: Peter Obi and the Obidient’s futile effort faking Sultan’s endorsement
- New Naira Notes: Police begins patrol of banks in Kwara
- Naira redesign: Customers urge CBN to sanction banks not paying N20,000 over the counter
- Fuel scarcity: IPMAN laments inability to source products
- Gov. Akeredolu swears in new chief judge, 4 high court judges
- Two suspects arrested for possessing, selling counterfeit N1000 notes
- Nigerian Actress enters trouble for spraying, stepping on new naira notes
- TINUBU’S CAMPAIGN SHUTS DOWN EKITI, SAYS NOTHING CAN STOP APC’S VICTORY
- 2023: Muslim Media Watch Urges Security Agencies To Fine-Tune Strategies
- IGP orders arrest, prosecution of sellers of new naira note