Senate President, Dr. Ahmad Lawan, has appointed the former Deputy Minority Leader, Senator Emmanuel Bwacha, as the chairman of the Committee on Procurement.
Lawan announced Bwacha’s new appointment at the start of plenary.
The lawmaker, last week defected from the opposition People’s Democratic Party, PDP to the majority All Progressives Congress, APC.
The national chairman of the PDP, Dr.l Iyorcha Ayu, in a letter to the Senate on Tuesday, nominated Senator Shuaibu Isa Lau as the new Deputy Minority Leader to replace Bwacha.
The Senate President, on Wednesday, also announced Lau’s appointment as the Vice Chairman of the Committee on Works alongside Bwacha’s on the floor.
Meanwhile, a total of five bills have passed first reading in the Senate.
The bills include: Alvan Ikoku Federal University of Education (Establishment) Bill, 2022 by Senator Francis Onyewuchi (Imo East); Infrastructure Development Bill, 2022 by Senator Sadiq Suleiman Umar (Kwara North); and Administration of Criminal Justice (Repeal and Re-enactment) Bill, 2022 by Emmanuel Orker-Jev (Benue North West).
Others are the Terrorism (Prevention and Prohibition) Act 2013 (Amendment) Bill, 2022 by Suleiman Abdu Kwari (Kaduna North); and National Artisanal Petroleum Refining Development Agency (Establishment) Bill, 2022 by Aliyu Sabi Abdullahi (Niger North).
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Sheikh Aboto’s death has left another vacuum in dawwah activities— Emir of Ilorin
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide