Senate President, Dr. Ahmad Lawan, has congratulated the candidate of the All Progressives Congress, APC, Biodun Oyebanji, on his resounding victory in the Ekiti State governorship election, which was held on Saturday.
Lawan congratulated the APC, both at the state and national levels and the people of Ekiti on the peaceful and successful conduct of the poll, and also for making the right choice.
The Senate President, in a statement by his Special Adviser on Media, Ola Awoniyi, said the outcome of the election further demonstrates the trust and confidence of Nigerians across the country in the APC.
He said the smooth conduct of the election is an indication of what to expect in next year’s general elections as democracy continues to grow firm roots in Nigeria under the APC Federal Government led by President Muhammadu Buhari.
The Senate President commended the Independent Electoral Commission, INEC for delivering a poll that has been widely adjudged as free, fair, transparent and hitch-free.
He wishes the governor-elect, Oyebanji, God’s guidance as he prepares for his onerous task ahead.
- No end to fuel scarcity — Oil marketers
- Naira depreciates marginally, exchanges at 445.83 to dollar
- YABATECH suspends ‘students’ week’ over shooting incident on campus
- Again Twitter suspends Kanye’s account for violating rules
- Osun: Adeleke’s emergence as Gov divine– Traditional worshippers
- Aisha Buhari now wears dress meant for 3 people– Solomon Dalung
- A’Ibom YPP Guber Candidate Jailed For 42Yrs
- Abuja-Kaduna train service resumes Dec. 5– FG
- Angry youths set ablaze Iree Oba’s Palace in Osun
- Oyetola left N76bn debt, says Osun Govt