Senate President, Dr. Ahmad Lawan, has expressed his condolences with the people of Zazzau Emirate, over the passing of their highly referred Emir, Alhaji Shehu Idris.
Lawan, in a statement by his Special Adviser on Media, Ola Awoniyi, also commiserated with the entire people and government of Kaduna State on the death of one the highest ranking and respected traditional rulers in Nigeria.
“During his long reign, the departed Emir applied his wisdom and prestige to enhance peace and transformational development in Zazzau Emirate.
“He will continue to be remembered for his dignity, integrity and boundless love for his people and commitment to their well-being and progress,” Lawan said.
The Senate President prayed Allah to grant his people and family the fortitude to bear his loss, forgive his sins and accept him to Al Jannah Firdaus.
Kaduna State governor, Nasir el-Rufai had in a statement signed yesterday confirmed the death of the revered traditional ruler at the 44 Military Hospital Kaduna after a brief illness.
“We have lost a rare gem, a source of wisdom and guidance and a true father of all. May Allah Grant his soul abode in Aljanna Firdaus. Amin,” the governor stated.
- INEC to conduct mock voter accreditation in Delta
- NSCDC warn officers against careless handling of firearms during
- Businesses crumble in Kaduna as traders lament scarcity of new, old naira notes
- Adeleke directs immediate payment of arrears of half salaries for civil servants
- INEC speaks on PVC safety as gunmen burn Anambra office
- Fuel scarcity: IPMAN assures petrol will be available in two weeks
- Why we are fighting corruption — Lai Mohammed
- EFCC restates commitments to tackling electoral fraud
- OPINION: As Kunle Akogun Hits Diamond Age
- PHOTO NEWS: Late Emir of Dutse requests to be buried in public cemetery