The Senate on Tuesday officially read President Muhammadu Buhari’s letter dated Feb. 5, requesting an extension of his vacation to further finish up some medical checkups.
The President of the Senate, Dr Bukola Saraki, read the letter at the resumption of plenary on Tuesday.
The senate had before resumption from its four weeks suspension of plenary, admitted receiving the letter from the President.
The letter reads: “Further to my letter dated January 18, 2017 in which I notified the distinguished Senate of taking part of my annual leave.
“During my leave I took the opportunity to have routine checkups and consult my long standing doctors in London. In the course of the routine examinations, certain tests results indicated the need for a course of medications and further appointments rescheduled for next week.
“I am therefore notifying the distinguished senate that I am extending my leave until the doctors are satisfied that certain factors are ruled out.
“In the circumstances, Vice President, Yemi Osinbajo would continue to act on my behalf. Please accept distinguished Senate President the assurances of my highest consideration”.
In his remarks, Saraki said that the National Assembly leadership visited President Muhammadu Buhari in London, adding that he was in good spirit and in good health.
“He was chatting as usual and conveys his best wishes and hopes to be back with us very soon,’’ he said.
Meanwhile, the Senate has condoled with the House of Representatives over the death of Rep. Bello Sani representing Mashi/Dutsi Federal Constituency of Katsina State.
“Our condolence is to his family and the government of Katsina state.
“He was a gentle man, principled and cosmopolitan who interacted very well with members of the National Assembly,’’ he said.
He prayed God to grant the family the fortitude to bear the loss.
- Abducted Ondo monarch regains freedom
- Petrol price disparity: Marketers issue seven-day ultimatum
- KWASSIP starts public workfare programme to alleviate poverty
- Again, naira loses to dollar, exchanges at 445.83
- Sanwo-Olu impregnated my mother in 1994 — Delta man claims he’s gov’s son
- Gov Ortom invites Buhari to commission Benue project
- 2023: Why Nigerians should elect Tinubu — Lagos BRT boss
- ICPC arrest: D’banj reacts to alleged Npower fraud
- UK govt finally declared candidate to support in 2023 polls
- Vote en masse for me in 2023, Atiku begs Osun people