Senate has received President Muhammadu Buhari’s submission of the 2022-2024 Medium Term Expenditure Framework and Fiscal Strategy Paper for consideration.
The Senate President, Dr. Ahmad Lawan made this known while reading an accompanying letter with the submission from the executive arm of government.
In the letter, President Buhari commended the upper legislative chamber for its commitment towards sustaining the restoration of the January to December financial timeline under the ninth assembly.
While seeking the expeditious consideration of the National Assembly, the President explained that its timely passage would facilitate the early preparation of the 2022 budget based on approved parameters by the upper chamber.
The letter titled: “Submission of the Federal Government of Nigeria 2022 – 2024 Medium Term Expenditure Framework and Fiscal Strategy Paper”, reads: “It is with pleasure that I forward the 2022-2024 Medium Term Expenditure Framework and Fiscal Strategy Paper (MTEF/FSP) for the kind consideration and approval of the distinguished Senate.
“Let me use this medium to express my deep gratitude for the enduring collaboration and commitment of the leadership and distinguished Senators in our collective efforts to sustain the restoration of the January to December Financial year.
“On our part, we have worked very hard to sustain the early submission of the MTEF/FSP. This is to allow the National Assembly sufficient time to perform its important statutory duty of reviewing the framework and strategy paper.
“I herewith forward the 2022-2024 MTEF/FSP, as the 2022 budget of the federal government will be prepared based on the parameters and fiscal assumptions of the approved 2022-2024 MTEF/FSP.
“I seek the cooperation of the National Assembly for expeditious legislative action on the submission.”
- BREAKING… IGP, Usman Baba sentenced to prison
- Arsonists cannot deter us from holding 2023 elections, INEC Chairman
- Bank failure: Depositors’ monies safe– NDIC assures
- FG approves 2-week paternity leave for civil servants
- Labour Party challenges Tinubu to open debate with Peter Obi
- Society for Peace Holds 16th Annual Conference Nov. 30
- If you think migrating legally is good for you, go– Femi Adesina
- Lagos 2023: Two guber candidates step down for Jandor
- Housewife, 20, arrested for allegedly killing her co-wife with pestle in Bauchi
- Buhari’s in-law, Sha’aban resigns from APC