efccContrary to the announcement made by the Deputy Senate President, Ike Ekweremadu, the screening of the Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), Mr. Ibrahim Magu and four others members of the commission is not on today’s program of the Senate.
Ekweremadu who presided over plenary yesterday told his colleagues that the confirmation hearing of the EFCC boss would commence today.
However, the program, order paper of the Senate obtained by our correspondent showed contrary.
It was conspicuously absent on the program.
Magu’s name along with four other members of the commission were sent to the Senate by the Vice president, Professor Yemi Osinbajo in June but the letter was not read on the floor until July 14, this year.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Sheikh Aboto’s death has left another vacuum in dawwah activities— Emir of Ilorin
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide