efccContrary to the announcement made by the Deputy Senate President, Ike Ekweremadu, the screening of the Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), Mr. Ibrahim Magu and four others members of the commission is not on today’s program of the Senate.
Ekweremadu who presided over plenary yesterday told his colleagues that the confirmation hearing of the EFCC boss would commence today.
However, the program, order paper of the Senate obtained by our correspondent showed contrary.
It was conspicuously absent on the program.
Magu’s name along with four other members of the commission were sent to the Senate by the Vice president, Professor Yemi Osinbajo in June but the letter was not read on the floor until July 14, this year.
- Respect culture of your host communities– Traditional ruler to corps members
- Court orders INEC to accept Labour Party’s candidates in 24 states
- Kwara Govt engages additional 200 sweepers to improve public hygiene
- El-Rufai insists Aso Rock cabal working against Tinubu, vows to unmask them
- Court dissolves Ganduje’s daughter 16-year-old marriage, orders return of dowry
- 522,000 PVCs uncollected in Edo – INEC
- INEC to conduct mock voter accreditation in Delta
- NSCDC warn officers against careless handling of firearms during elections
- Businesses crumble in Kaduna as traders lament scarcity of new, old naira notes
- Adeleke directs immediate payment of arrears of half salaries for civil servants