Senate has demanded additional N9 billion for the Nigeria Railways Corporation, NRC, in the 2021 budget to complete some railway projects in the country.
Chairman of the Senate Committee on Marine Transport, Senator Danjuma Goje, disclosed this to journalists in Abuja after submitting the 2021 budget report of the Marine Transport and Land Transport to the Senate Committee on Appropriations.
Goje, who is a former Gombe State governor, said the money was for the smooth take off of the Lagos-Ibadan railway, Abuja-Kano and Warri-Itakpe railway lines.
He said: “Lagos – Ibadan railway, Abuja – Kano and Warri – Itakpe are all expected to start operations next year.
“Adequate provision has not been made for personnel cost for the railway. We have made a case to the Appropriation Committee to give the Nigeria Railway Corporation a minimum of additional N9bn for the take off.”
Speaking during the presentation, the chairman of the Committee on Appropriations, Senator Jibrin Barau, commended the committee for the legislative duty.
He promised to act on the report of the committee and make necessary appropriation.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- National Assembly’s Clerk, Amos Ojo solicits support for security agencies
- 2022 Olojo: Ooni assures of restoration of Nigeria’s lost glory
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector
- COAS tasks retired officers on maximum utilisation of entitlements