Senate Committee on Power has summoned the Minister of Finance, Budget and National Planning, Mrs. Zainab Ahmed over N147 billion included in the capital project of the Ministry of Power.
Chairman of the committee, Senator Gabriel Suswan (PDP Benue North East), who invited the minister during the budget defence of Ministry of Power, claimed that the committee can’t explain how the fund for the bilateral/ multilateral project in the power sector is being expended.
He said: “The actual capital budget of the Ministry of Power for the 2023 is N44 billion while N147 billion is meant for bilateral and multilateral.
“We can’t explain how they are expended, you can’t lay your hand on the projects, we cannot oversight it, the ministry of power does not know about it.
“We are inviting Minister of Finance to come and explain to us, the money has been put in the budget year in, year out.”
Meanwhile, the Minister of Power, Engr. Abubakar Aliyu presented a budget of N250 billion for the Ministry.
- Senate approves Tinubu’s removal of Irukera as FCCPC boss
- NDDC: Senate rejects Anambra as lawmakers biker over Kogi
- Senate Summons Wike , FCT CP over spate of kidnappings
- Reps Reject NNPCL’s OVH Acquisition Report, Order Fresh Investigation
- NNPCL, OPEC Pledge Collaboration to Attract Investments, Grow Production
- COED Tech. lay-off 95 workers in Enugu over alleged irregularities
- ‘Yahoo Plus’ pushes 27yr-old man to kill father for rituals
- (PHOTOS) Army GOC visits Shehu of Borno, sues for collaboration
- NatureNews Targets 5bn Trees Plantation by 2030, Unveils ‘NaijaGreenProject’ Initiative
- NLC suspends nationwide protest