Senate Committee on Power has summoned the Minister of Finance, Budget and National Planning, Mrs. Zainab Ahmed over N147 billion included in the capital project of the Ministry of Power.
Chairman of the committee, Senator Gabriel Suswan (PDP Benue North East), who invited the minister during the budget defence of Ministry of Power, claimed that the committee can’t explain how the fund for the bilateral/ multilateral project in the power sector is being expended.
He said: “The actual capital budget of the Ministry of Power for the 2023 is N44 billion while N147 billion is meant for bilateral and multilateral.
“We can’t explain how they are expended, you can’t lay your hand on the projects, we cannot oversight it, the ministry of power does not know about it.
“We are inviting Minister of Finance to come and explain to us, the money has been put in the budget year in, year out.”
Meanwhile, the Minister of Power, Engr. Abubakar Aliyu presented a budget of N250 billion for the Ministry.
- Why I stripped naked to pray for Tinubu’ victory– Olaiya Igwe
- Labour Party suspends Arabambi over anti-party activities
- Asake apologizes for appearance at Birmingham shpw
- How I became Radio Presenter, Event Entertainer — Omo Culture
- Gov. Sanni Bello’s Spokesperson, Noel-Berje bags Media Personality Award
- Bandits tackles FG, military of ‘benefitting from insecurity’
- FG lost N113m over Abuja-Kaduna railway closure – NRC
- Aisha Buhari withdraws case against critic Aminu Mohammed
- INEC announces dates for PVCs collection
- Ronaldo denies reports he swore at Portugal coach over substitution