The Senate also urged the Federal Government to “prevail on the relevant Ministry, Department or Agency vested with the duty of effecting the resolution of this motion to so do.”
The resolutions of the upper Chamber, yesterday, were sequel to a motion by Senator Matthew Urhoghide (PDP, Edo South), entitled “Befittingly renaming the Federal Airport, Benin City, after the late Omo N’Oba N’Edo, Uku Akpolokpolo, Oba Erediauwa, Oba of Benin Kingdom.”
In the motion, Senator Urhoghide’s two prayers were unanimously taken by the senators, just as he noted that the motion became imperative because of the late Oba Erediauwa’s selfless service to Bini Kingdom and Nigeria in general during his lifetime
Urhoghide’s motion read: “Late Oba Erediauwa, as young Prince Solomon Akenzua, joined the Colonial Civil Service upon completion of a Law degree from Cambridge University. He worked extensively in the then Eastern Region as an Assistant District Officer serving as a judge in land cases as well as an administrator in the district which duties he discharged creditably. In 1965, he transferred to the Federal Civil Service, Lagos, and rose to the rank of Permanent Secretary, a position he also performed in meritoriously.
“In 1968, he became the substantive Federal Permanent Secretary in the Ministry of Power and Steel which he helped immensely to stabilize for optimum performance. In his capacity as a federal officer, he worked closely and tirelessly with the former military heads of state, General Johnson Aguiyi-Ironsi and General Yakubu Gowon.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections
- Tstv accepts pay per view model against other stakeholders
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate
- Senate Moves to Whittle Down Powers of CBN Governor
- National Assembly’s Clerk, Amos Ojo solicits support for security agencies
- 2022 Olojo: Ooni assures of restoration of Nigeria’s lost glory