The Senator representing Bauchi Central in the National Assembly, Isah Hamman Misau, will on Tuesday, appear before the Senate adhoc committee to formally table his petition against the Inspector-General of Police (IGP), Ibrahim Idris.
This was made known in Abuja by the Deputy Chief Whip of the Senate, Francis Alimikhena, on Sunday.
According to him, the lawmaker, who is expected to appear before the committee at 2pm on Tuesday, will address the committee and respond to questions from members of the probe panel.
Alimikhena, said, “Senator Isah Hamman Misau will appear before the committee on Tuesday to answer to questions that will come up after his presentation and therefore, we take the next step.”
It could be recalled that Misau was arraigned by the federal government before a High Court of the Federal Capital Territory in Maitama, Abuja for allegedly making injurious falsehood statement against the IGP, Idris.
The senator, however, pleaded not guilty to all the five counts when read to him.
He was granted bail by the trial judge, Justice Ishaq Bello, in the sum of N5m with two reliable sureties in like sum.
- American journalist collapses, dies at Qatar World Cup
- ICPC: D’banj breaks silence after release
- Tinubu better than Peter Obi, but he’s a drug lord– Reno
- Hypertension, Diabetes, Cancers, Others Responsible for 22% of Premature Deaths—WHO
- Breaking…… Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Croatia knocks out ‘confident’ Brazil from Qatar 2022 Fifa World Cup
- Cashless Policy: CBN meets Senate panel on cash withdrawal limit
- Labour Party sacks publicity secretary, Ogun chapter excos
- NUJ recognises Osoba, Dokpesi, others as icons in media industry
- Newly redesigned Naira now in banks, ready for issuance – Emefiele