By Paul Nanchang
Senator Nora Ladi Daduut (APC – Plateau South) has advocated the urgent extension of the new railway standard gauge from Kaduna to Jos .
Daduut in a statement she signed and made available to Newsmen in Jos made this known while sponsoring a motion on the floor of the Senate on Wednesday.
The Senator said the road network in the country is overwhelmed and the railway as an alternative transportation when functional would have significant benefits that would be a great solution to the transportation problem in the country.
Senator Daduut, a Professor of French who also called for a more holistic approach in tackling security challenges facing the country said that a good railway system in Nigeria will reduce the risk associated with moving goods from one part of the country to the other through road transportation .
“The railway line from Kaduna to Jos if comple will serve transportation and supply chain network for domestic needs “she further added .
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
ROYAL NEWS eCopy March 28, 2022
- PHOTO NEWS: Faces at NDC security seminar held in Abuja
- EFCC traces N130m illegal trasnfer into ex-Speaker Patricia Etteh’s account
- FCTA laments influx of beggars from states
- NERC releases update on alleged Tariff increment
- Saraki woos Osun PDP delegates, canvasses support for Adeleke
- PHOTO NEWS: Tinubu visits Kwara, salutes Emir Sulu-Gambari
- Tinubu assures of victory against any PDP candidate
- KWACCIMA pleads with FG to reopen Kwara, Niger borders
- Minister promises NDC more supports for effective performance
- 2023: Why I want to contest for Ilorin West/ Asa Reps— Ajia