By Paul Nanchang
Senator Nora Ladi Daduut (APC – Plateau South) has advocated the urgent extension of the new railway standard gauge from Kaduna to Jos .
Daduut in a statement she signed and made available to Newsmen in Jos made this known while sponsoring a motion on the floor of the Senate on Wednesday.
The Senator said the road network in the country is overwhelmed and the railway as an alternative transportation when functional would have significant benefits that would be a great solution to the transportation problem in the country.
Senator Daduut, a Professor of French who also called for a more holistic approach in tackling security challenges facing the country said that a good railway system in Nigeria will reduce the risk associated with moving goods from one part of the country to the other through road transportation .
“The railway line from Kaduna to Jos if comple will serve transportation and supply chain network for domestic needs “she further added .
- PHOTO NEWS: Reception in honour A.B. Sulu-Gambari SAN in Abuja
- Adeleke suspends Osun election commission chair, members
- A.B. Sulu-Gambari SAN: Celebrating A Prince In The Silk (PHOTOS)
- HND holders to be employed as assistant lecturers in polytechnics – NBTE
- Naira notes redesign’ll control inflation in Nigeria — Don
- Adeleke directs heads of LGAs to take over from sacked council chairmen
- My son will play for Super Eagles – Oliseh
- Man jailed one year for possessing 101 PVCs in Sokoto
- PVCs, ballot boxes, destroyed after an attack on Ebonyi INEC office
- Gov. Adeleke appoints Chief of Staff, SSG, CPS