About 3,000 persons would benefit from the empowerment programme put in place by Senator Rafiu Ibrahim, who represents Kwara South Senatorial district of Kwara State.
Through his foundation, Rafiu Ibrahim Bilal (RIB), unemployed youths in the Kwara South senatorial district are trained in capacity building and other various skills acquisition.
The chairman of the programme committee of Senator Ibrahim Empowerment Programme, Senator Bisi Oyewo said that, the gesture would go a long way in adding values to the socio-economic development of the people of Kwara South senatorial district. He said that senator Ibrahim had been a true representative of the people of his senatorial district since he was elected into the Upper House, Abuja. Senator Oyewo, who was flanked by other members of the committee like, Alhaji Abdulrauf Akogun, Hon. Tunde Asaolu, Hon. Biodun Adegoolu, added that, the selection of the beneficiaries of the empowerment was done in transparent manner.
Senator Oyewo stressed that, among some materials that would be distributed to the beneficiaries include deep freezers, grinding machines, Hair dressing machines, cars,
generators, motorbikes and tricycles.
He noted that the programme would also bring new lease of life to the people of the senatorial district in view of the current economic recession in the country.
On the foundation, Senator Oyewo said that, there was no doubt that, it would provide an avenue for the unemployed youths in the senatorial district to be trained in different skills acquisition. This, he said would assist them to acquire the capacity building that would be transformed into fruitful use for their real benefit.
He listed federal presence like roads construction, provision of both hand and motorised boreholes, federal appointments to the teeming unemployed youths in the senatorial district among others.
He therefore called on the people of the senatorial district to continue to support the senate president, Senator Bukola Saraki, the state governor, Alhaji Abdulfatah Ahmed and leadership of All Progressives Congress in the state so as to assist them to bring more dividends of democracy to the doorsteps of the rural populace. – See more at: http://www.ilorin.info/fullnews.php?id=19500#sthash.GxL8FcIi.dpuf
Facebook Comments Box
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections
- Tstv accepts pay per view model against other stakeholders
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate
- Senate Moves to Whittle Down Powers of CBN Governor
- National Assembly’s Clerk, Amos Ojo solicits support for security agencies
- 2022 Olojo: Ooni assures of restoration of Nigeria’s lost glory