Elder sister of Senator Kabir Marafa, has been killed by some unknown gunmen while her husband was abducted.
ROYAL NEWS reports that Marafa is the senator representing Zamfara central in the National Assembly.
Abubakar Tsafe, an aide to the senator, who confirmed this to TheCable, said the bandits struck at the residence of the senator’s sister located at Ruwan Bore area of Gusau local government area on Tuesday.
The aide said the suspected bandits numbering about 100 set the village ablaze after raiding it.
“More than half of Ruwan Bore village has been burnt by the bandits. The villagers are now seeking refuge at Mada, a neighbouring community,” he said in a statement.
Tsafe said at the time of issuing the statement, the senator’s in-law had not been found.
The senator has, on many occasions ,expressed concern about the high level of insecurity in the state.
- No room for deadline extension, JAMB Registrar, Oloyede warns prospective applicants
- VIDEOS+PHOTOS: When Buhari visited Emir of Kano, Aminu Ado Bayero
- Abiola Bawuah becomes UBA CEO in Africa
- INEC investigates viral video of extortion during PVCs collection in Enugu
- Buhari inaugurates 10mw solar plant in Kano State
- Court remands woman for pouring hot water on her co-wife in Kwara
- UNA-USA Ambassador, Lady Tee Thompson applauds KAM Holding for promoting SDGs
- Why I am not allocating land in FCT – Minister
- Nigeria records 244 confirmed cases of Lassa fever, 37 deaths in 16 states and FCT
- 2023: Kwara Hausa/Fulani community adopts NNPP guber candidate