Senator Ifeanyi Ubah representing Anambra South Senatorial District on the platform of Young Progressives Party, (YPP) in the National Assembly, has urged the various communities in the state to sustain the current peaceful co-existence among themselves for rapid development of the state.
Ubah also sued for peace and unity among Nigerians in order to overcome the numerous challenges facing the country.
The lawmaker, who spoke when he hosted members of the Old Aguata Union, OAU, Nnewi branch, which recently celebrated their 2019 end of the year anniversary, promised to always support their efforts in promoting peace and national unity.
The Old Aguata Union is made up of indigenes of Orumba North, Orumba South and Aguata Local Government Areas that were created out of the old Aguata Local Government Area of Anambra State.
Addressing the gathering at his Nnewi residence, Ubah, who is the Vice Chairman of the Senate Committee on Petroleum (Upstream), commended members of the union for their “undiluted support” for him since the campaign era towards the 2019 general elections till now.
The lawmaker, according to a statement made available to our correspondent in Abuja, therefore, assured them that he will continue to put in his best to promote the interests of Ndị Anambra South in the Senate.
Ubah, who is the national leader of YPP, also urged the traditional rulers and title holders of the local government areas of the union to sustain the existing peace in their various communities, maintaining that they could only enjoy meaningful development and other dividends of democracy under peaceful atmosphere.
He particularly advised them to fully take advantage of democracy and use them to entrench peace, welfare and improved standard of living for themselves.
According to him, democracy is about the people and that the people should use it to achieve social justice, equity, inclusiveness and economic self-reliance.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Gov. Abdulrazaq, KAMWIRE, Etsu Patigi, others for Kwara NUJ award
- Nigeria/India engages to boost volume of trade, economic activities
- Scandal rocks CCB as commissioners accuse chairman of corruption
- Atala Oil Field: NUPRC under fire in Senate over wrongful re-allocation
- 62 National Day, Sen. Enang urges Nigerians to keep hope alive
- Sheikh Aboto’s death has left another vacuum in dawwah activities— Emir of Ilorin
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)