Amidst numerous crisis confronting the All Progressives Congress, (APC) the Governor of Imo State, Rochas Okorocha, has said that his son-inlaw remains the best hand for Imo project in 2019.
Okorocha, who spoke on Tuesday at the Government House, Owerri, during a media parley, disclosed that Ugwumba Uche Nwosu, remained the best candidate for the election in the state.
Okorocha, however, contended that he was still in the APC having been one of the founding fathers of the party in the country.
“I cannot be part of destroying the mansion I have helped in building. I totally support the APC and all of its candidates for the 2019 general elections.”
He further described what played out in the APC in the recent past on who emerges as its Imo State governorship candidate as a political injustice.
Stating that the choice of Senator Hope Uzodinma as the state governorship candidate for the 2019 election was not the choice of the party faithful. He regretted that the APC which was known for uprightness and justice had lost its integrity and purposeful bearing.
He further said that he was not embattled in any form but that the fight against him was because of his political sagacity.
The governor blamed the APC National Chairman, Comrade Adams Oshiomhole, who he described as a simpleton, having been deceived by some disgruntled members of the party.
Meanwhile, Okorocha had disclosed that he has the APC ticket for Imo West (Orlu) Senatorial District election, just as he added that he would coast to victory in the election.
- FG lost N113m over Abuja-Kaduna railway closure – NRC
- Aisha Buhari withdraws case against critic Aminu Mohammed
- INEC announces dates for PVCs collection
- Ronaldo denies reports he swore at Portugal coach over substitution
- Lagos marks International Day of Persons with Disabilities
- Soludo presents appointment letters to 5, 000 newly recruited teachers in Anambra
- Again, INEC office set ablaze in Imo
- No end to fuel scarcity — Oil marketers
- Naira depreciates marginally, exchanges at 445.83 to dollar
- YABATECH suspends ‘students’ week’ over shooting incident on campus