Seven persons on Tuesday morning reportedly died in an auto crash involving a truck conveying traders coming to Osogbo, the Osun State capital.
ROYAL NEWS gathered that that the dead victims included five traders, the driver and the assistant driver.
The truck which was conveying traders, who were said to have travelled to Barutin in Kwara to buy yam flour (elubo) was said to have been involved in a lone accident at Arolu a community in Surulere Local Government of Oyo State which is very close to Osogbo.
The traders were said to have left Osogbo for Barutin about four days ago and the driver was said to have fallen asleep during the return trip.
He reportedly lost control and the tuck veered off into the bush. Bags of yam flour reportedly fell on the victims, who were unconscious and there was nobody to help them.
There was wailing at the Our Lady of Fatima Catholic Hospital at Jaleyemi area in Osogbo as corpses of the victims were brought there.
Relations, colleagues of the victims as well as sympathisers besieged the hospitals amidst confusion to check the corpses.
Residents of the area told our correspondent that some of the corpses were later taken to General Hospital, Asubiaro.
- Kashim Shettima delivers Al-Hikmah convocation lecture
- (PHOTOS) IGP Egbetokun, Amb. Sulu-Gambari, others bag Al-Hikmah Ph.D
- AMR’ll account for 10 million annual deaths by 2050- WHO
- ANHEJ advocates for increased budgetary allocation to health sector
- Emir Sulu-Gambari hosts Kauran Namoda, Imo monarchs in Ilorin (PHOTOS)
- PHOTO NEWS: EFCC Ilorin zonal organises road-walk against corruption
- Photo News: ROYAL NEWS 10th anniversary, public lecture, book presentation
- Court grants ex-AGF, Adoke permission to celebrate Xmas with family in Dubai
- NJC recommends compulsory retirement of Osun High Court Judge, orders probe into 51 petitions against others
- UNESCO Inscribes Sango Festival in World Heritage List