The Ibadan branch of the Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU) Alumni Association has called on the panel investigating the alleged sex-for-marks scandal at the institution to be diligent and
objective in its investigation.
Dr Musa Oshodi, the Ibadan branch Chairman of the association, made the call on Tuesday at the annual picnic of the group.
ROYAL NEWS reports that one Miss Monica Osagie, a student in the Master of Business Programme at OAU, had alleged that a lecturer, Prof. Richard Akindele, deliberately failed her
when she rejected his request for sex.
Oshodi, however, said that the school authorities must not do anything that would tarnish the good record of the university.
“The university must sustain the motto of the school which is learning and culture.
“Justice must be done; the lecturer must not be allowed to go unpunished if found guilty and he must be freed if innocent,’’ Oshodi said.
The chairman said that nobody would question the outcome of the investigation if the panel was sincere in its investigation.
Oshodi also said that the major objective of the alumni association was to promote the welfare of the institution’s graduates.
He called on members of the group to continue to contribute their quota to the development of the association and the university and as
well sustain the pervading love and harmony.
- Respect culture of your host communities– Traditional ruler to corps members
- Court orders INEC to accept Labour Party’s candidates in 24 states
- Kwara Govt engages additional 200 sweepers to improve public hygiene
- El-Rufai insists Aso Rock cabal working against Tinubu, vows to unmask them
- Court dissolves Ganduje’s daughter 16-year-old marriage, orders return of dowry
- 522,000 PVCs uncollected in Edo – INEC
- INEC to conduct mock voter accreditation in Delta
- NSCDC warn officers against careless handling of firearms during elections
- Businesses crumble in Kaduna as traders lament scarcity of new, old naira notes
- Adeleke directs immediate payment of arrears of half salaries for civil servants