A sex robot costing a whopping £3,500 was damaged after it was molested and “roughly treated” at a fair.
According to its developer, the hyper-realistic robot attracted considerable interest at the Arts Electronica Festival in Linz, Austria.
Samantha, which is what the robot is called went to market this summer. The doll reacts to the touch and voice of users and gained huge media attention.
Arran Lee Squire, 36, from Holyhead, North Wales, spent nearly four years working with creator Dr. Sergi Santos, on the sex doll which uses Artificial Intelligence to interact with users. Read also:Police arrests 19-yr-old herdsman for allegedly killing friend during traditional display
The doll — which appeared with Arran on This Morning is now on sale at sex shops and he says it can be used by couples to spice up their love lives.
Arran and Sergi were present at the show for two days but, “Samantha” was damaged by “barbarians” when she was left on display on the final day.
Arran said: “There was so much interest at the festival, people were really interested in how she worked, especially after all the media attention she has received.
“We were there for two days and everything was fine, but then had to leave on the last day and she was left just on display. When we got her back, it was clear she had been roughly treated which is not how Read also:CharlyBoy sues Police over harassment, demands N500m compensation she should be handled, she should be treated with respect.
“There was damage to the neck and mouth, my business partner described these people as ‘barbarians’. This is not how she should be treated! She has sensors all over her body and needs a gentle touch.
He added that the media interest has generated additional sales, with couples and older people among those who have bought them. The most sales were to single men.
They are now working on a male version.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Buhari to presents 2023 budget to NASS Oct. 7
- Gov. Abdulrazaq, KAMWIRE, Etsu Patigi, others for Kwara NUJ award
- Nigeria/India engages to boost volume of trade, economic activities
- Scandal rocks CCB as commissioners accuse chairman of corruption
- Atala Oil Field: NUPRC under fire in Senate over wrongful re-allocation
- 62 National Day, Sen. Enang urges Nigerians to keep hope alive
- Sheikh Aboto’s death has left another vacuum in dawwah activities— Emir of Ilorin
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport