The Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF), Boss Mustapha, has dismissed the purported report that his hometown, Garha, and other sorrounding villages were attacked by Boko Haram and Bandits.
Mustapha made the reaction in an interview with newsmen shortly after Hong Secondary School Old Boys Association meeting held in Hong, the headquarters of Hong local government area (LGA) on Wednesday.
Mustapha, who expressed dismay over the report, said that there was nothing similar to that.
“There was nothing like that (attack on my hometown). It is just some people’s mischievous imagination.
“I was in my hometown attending weddings when my attention was drawn to a report by some mischievous persons.
“There was consistent marriage ceremony in my village even before and after Christmas.
“I didn’t only go to my village, I went to several neighbouring villages where people were getting married and rejoicing,” Mustapha said.
He said that the report was out to portray government in bad light.
“Why associating the report with the village of SGF?
“If there’s general insecurity, there’s general insecurity and SGF village will not spared from the insecurity,” he said.
He said government is doing what it can to ensure that insurgency, banditry and other insecurity challenges are curtailed and brought to order.
On the old boys meeting, he expressed happiness for meeting with his classmates of the 1970 set.
He said that the association has made a modest attempt to transform the school by renovating many structures, and providing water supply in the school.
- Ronaldo signs £173m deal with Al-Nassr
- Zenith Bank wins Bank of the Year
- Late Onijagbo was a great servant of God— Gov. AbdulRazaq
- Emir of Ilorin mourns late Onijagbo, Oba Fagbemi
- I’m thinking of getting married for sex, says Juliana Olayode
- DMO raises concern over Nigeria’s debt
- BREAKING…Yoruba King, Onijagbo of Ijagbo dies
- Commissioner kidnapped in Benue
- Oluwo condems burning of Aree palace, vows to go after perpetrators
- I may not use Nigerian hospitals if elected president – Atiku