The Aseyin of Iseyin in Iseyin Local Government area of Oyo State, Oba Abdulganiy Adekunle, on Friday, appealed to EndSARS protesters across the country to sheath their sword and embrace peace.
The traditional ruler, who spoke in a telephone interview with ROYAL NEWS, said that there was need for them to remain calm and allow government to address their grievances in the interest of the country.
He expressed the regret that the hitherto peaceful protests and genuine agitations by the youth had been hijacked by hoodlums and allowed to assume a violent dimension in some parts of the country.
“I am appealing to our peace loving youths in Iseyin, Oyo State and indeed, all over the country to please demonstrate high level of decorum while making their legitimate demands,” he said.
ROYAL NEWS report that some youths in the Iseyin metropolis had, on Thursday, attempted to force their way into the only police station in the town but were repelled by security agents.
- Emir of Bauchi’s brother found dead
- PHOTO NEWS: FG empowers women in Kebbi
- Gov. Adeleke reacts to tribunal’s judgement, vows to appeal
- BREAKING….Ademola Adeleke sacked as Osun Governor
- Kebbi assembly deputy speaker, 5 other resign appointments
- Adamawa guber candidate dies
- Lawyer sues CBN, seeks extension of deadline for old naira notes
- CBN unveils domestic card to strengthen payments system
- SHOCKING… Governor loses son
- Banks in Ogun applauded over circulation of new naira notes