After weeks of defecting from the New Nigeria Peoples Party ( NNPP), to the Peoples Democratic Party ( PDP) , Senator Ibrahim Shekarau ( Kano Central) , officialize the defection on the floor of the Senate on Wednesday .
Shekarau who was also a former governor of Kano state had on Monday , August 29, 2022, defected along with thousands of his supporters to PDP from NNPP on grounds of alleged unfair treatment by the party led by Senator Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso who is the Presidential candidate of the party .
Announcing Shekarau’s defection through a letter received to that effect, the President of the Senate , Ahmad , said the Kano Central Senator wish to officially inform his colleagues of it .
Shekarau in the letter read by the Senate President , said his defection and thousands of his supporters in Kano from NNPP to PDP , was to carry out their political aspirations in a party well disposed to them .
Expectedly after the announcement, PDP senators led by the minority leader , Philip Aduda and the minority whip, Chukwuka Utazi ( Enugu North), joyfully embraced Shakarau for defecting to their party.
- Oil not enough to feed Nigeria anymore – Obasanjo
- Kwara govt set to sanction owned-tertiary institutions over unlawful recruitments
- Why I stripped naked to pray for Tinubu’ victory– Olaiya Igwe
- Labour Party suspends Arabambi over anti-party activities
- Asake apologizes for appearance at Birmingham shpw
- How I became Radio Presenter, Event Entertainer — Omo Culture
- Gov. Sanni Bello’s Spokesperson, Noel-Berje bags Media Personality Award
- Bandits tackles FG, military of ‘benefitting from insecurity’
- FG lost N113m over Abuja-Kaduna railway closure – NRC
- Aisha Buhari withdraws case against critic Aminu Mohammed