There was jubilation in some areas of Zaria, Kaduna state on Thursday, November 17 as a primary and a secondary school belonging to the Islamic Movement of Nigeria (IMN) also known as Shiite Islamic sect was destroyed.
ROYAL NEWS gathered that Fudiyya School also called the Fudiyya Centre which is located at Babban-Dodo, Gangaren-Fadama, in Zaria, was said to have been destroyed by the state government.
Sheikh Ibrahim Zakzaky, the leader of the group in Nigeria, has remained in detention while members of the sect have continued to regroup in his absence.
The demolition commenced at about 2.30 pm under the supervision of armed security personnel, according to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) which further reports that residents hailed the government for taking the action. One of such residents, Malam Musa Musa, reportedly said the demolition was both welcomed and is a good step in the right direction.
He said: “We have long been waiting for this action; it came at a time we did not expect. However, we are really happy with what happened today. “These people have been disturbing us whenever they are conducting their activities.”
Also, Malam Baba Bala, a resident, urged the state government not to relent in its efforts to curtail the activities of the group who had severally clashed with the authorities. He said the sect had infringed on the rights of others, adding: “I must confess that Zaria is now safe without El-Zakzaky.
“We are behind what this government is doing; we hope it will carry out the good work to its logical conclusion.” Officials of Kaduna state in charge of the exercise declined comment while Mr Samuel Aruwan, the aide to Governor Nasir El-Rufa’i, on media, said he just received the information. He promised to react concerning the position of government on the exercise, but was yet to do as he promised at the time of this report.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- 62 National Day, Sen. Enang urges Nigerians to keep hope alive
- Sheikh Aboto’s death has left another vacuum in dawwah activities— Emir of Ilorin
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment