Hajara Bala, 22-year-old woman has committed suicide after she got wind that her husband was planning to take another wife.
The State police command spokesperson, SP Abdul Jinjiri, confirmed the incident.
It was gathered that the deceased, of Yanmallam village in Miga Local Government Area of Jigawa State, took a rat poison as she could not live to see her husband taking another wife.
ROYAL NEWS learnt that the late Bala was rushed to hospital in Jahun, Jahun LGA after taking the rat poison on Monday at about 7 pm in her matrimonial home Read also: SAD: Actress dies during child-birth but later passed on around 9p.m.
It was also revealed that about seven years ago a similar incident occurred in the same community when a close relation to the deceased took the same type of poison when her husband was taking a second wife but she was fortunate to have survived it. Read also: Supreme Court sacks Reps, Hembe
- Businesses crumble in Kaduna as traders lament scarcity of new, old naira notes
- Adeleke directs immediate payment of arrears of half salaries for civil servants
- INEC speaks on PVC safety as gunmen burn Anambra office
- Fuel scarcity: IPMAN assures petrol will be available in two weeks
- Why we are fighting corruption — Lai Mohammed
- EFCC restates commitments to tackling electoral fraud
- OPINION: As Kunle Akogun Hits Diamond Age
- PHOTO NEWS: Late Emir of Dutse requests to be buried in public cemetery
- N34.1bn generated as IGR in 2022– Kwara Govt
- Buhari inaugurates new MOFI Board, says FG targets N100trn