Hajara Bala, 22-year-old woman has committed suicide after she got wind that her husband was planning to take another wife.
The State police command spokesperson, SP Abdul Jinjiri, confirmed the incident.
It was gathered that the deceased, of Yanmallam village in Miga Local Government Area of Jigawa State, took a rat poison as she could not live to see her husband taking another wife.
ROYAL NEWS learnt that the late Bala was rushed to hospital in Jahun, Jahun LGA after taking the rat poison on Monday at about 7 pm in her matrimonial home Read also: SAD: Actress dies during child-birth but later passed on around 9p.m.
It was also revealed that about seven years ago a similar incident occurred in the same community when a close relation to the deceased took the same type of poison when her husband was taking a second wife but she was fortunate to have survived it. Read also: Supreme Court sacks Reps, Hembe
- Customs CG begins sales of seized food items in Lagos
- Why FG Created Ministry of Marine & Blue Economy– Perm Sec.
- Death of Dep. DOP Nathaniel shocking, sad—Kwara Gov
- Correpondents’ Chapel Commiserates with Kwara Governor, NUJ Over Demise Of Dep. DOP
- NPF Forge Ties With NITDA On Digital Literacy
- NAMA Strengthens Partnership with Nigerian Air Force For Airspace Safety
- KWSG Donates Mattresses to NYSC Camp
- DISCLAIMER: MISSING PERSON NOT KWASU STUDENT
- Senators reject service extension for NASS clerk, others
- NESREA Seeks Collaboration with KWSG on Enforcement of Environmental Laws