A journalist with the Voice of America, (VOA), Saleh Shehu Ashaka, announced the death of the All Progressives Congress (APC) senator in a tweet on Saturday, March 17.
The Daily Nigerian, citing the account of a family member reported that the lawmaker slumped at his Gwarimpa residence, Abuja on Saturday morning, March 17, and was rushed to Viewpoint Hospital, where he was certified dead. He died at the age of 58.
Daily Trust also reported that the death of Wakili who served as chairman of the Senate committee on poverty alleviation was confirmed by the special adviser to the Senate president on media and publicity, Yusuph Olaniyonu in a phone call.
The aide said Bukola Saraki was shocked when he learnt about the death of the lawmaker. Shortly after he was informed about the death of the senator, the Senate president stated that he was on his way to the Wakili house to pay his respects to his family.
The death was also confirmed by Buhari’s aide on new media, Bashir Ahmad. Senator Wakili was an active member of the APC caucus in the Nigerian Senate.
He recently protested against the removal of Senator Abdullahi Adamu as chairman of the northern senators forum without the general knowledge of its members.
- Gbenga Power rejoices with Nigerians on 63rd Independence celebrations
- CJN to inaugurate 23 Federal High Court Judges Oct 4.
- US Court Orders Release of Tinubu’s Academic Records in 48 hrs
- Kwara Proposes N239bn Revised Budget To Assembly
- Gamji Association Tasks Youths To Emulate Virtues Of Founding Fathers
- Fagbemi dissociates FG from N50bn plea bargain with Emefiele
- Nigeria @63: Peaceful co-existence is germane for nat’l growth— Emir Sulu-Gambari
- Nigeria @63: Tinubu approves new minimum wage for FG workers
- (PHOTOS) Three Internet Fraudsters Bag Jail Terms In Benin
- Opinion: Celebrating a quintessential ex-Defence Minister, Gen. BS Magashi @ 74