By Olugbenga Salami
Pathetic picture of the continued kidnappings and killings in Zamfara State was yesterday, painted by Senator Kabiru Marafa, APC-Zamfara Central when he said, during plenary that children and pregnant women have recently became the new target of the men of the underworld.
According to him, one of the recently kidnapped people of the state was a pregnant woman who eventually gave birth in captivity.
Senator Marafa was giving additional information following a motion of personal explanation moved via Orders 42 and 52 raised by Senator Tijjani Laura, PDP-Zamfara South on the unending kidnappings and killings in the state.
“The killings and other deadly crimes in Zamfara are getting too rampant and we need to do something very drastic”, he stressed.
Earlier while presenting the motion, Senator Kaura drew the attention of his colleagues to the unending wanton killings and kidnappings being carried out on daily basis in Zamfara State by unknown armed bandits.
He said despite the recent intervention made by the Presidency to stem the ugly tide, that the killings remained unabated and even increasing on daily basis.
Statistically according to him, as of yesterday, over 100 people were kidnapped spreading across the 14 local government areas in the state.
Out of the 100, he said 90 were from his senatorial district in the ratio of 45 in Shinkafi, 12 in Zurmi, 13 Birnin Magaji and 10 in Kaura Namoda Local government areas.
“These dastardly acts of kidnapping and Killings need to be urgently tackled by relevant authorities and thoroughly investigated by the Senate to save the state from being totally wiped out by mindless criminals and blood thirsty killers”, he said.
Incidentally, the Senate President, Dr. Bukola Saraki, tasked Senator Kaura to, as the Chairman of Senate Committee on Police Affairs fast-track expeditious consideration and passage of the Police Reform Bills aside conventional investigations that should be carried out.
- BREAKING…. Appeal Court declares PDP winner of Ilorin South assembly elections
- EFCC arraigns former Finance Commissioner, Demola Banu today
- Adelabu floors Seyi Makinde at Appeal Court
- Suspected political thugs set Kogi SDP secretariat ablaze
- SERAP sends anti-Buhari open letter to Archbishop of Canterbury
- SAD…Ex-Petroleum Minister dies at 83
- BREAKING…President resigns after re-election
- Buhari rejoices with Kaigama over appointment
- See full names of newly promoted Army, Naval and Airforce Officers
- Maulud Nabbiy ‘ll promote religious tolerance, says Omo-Agege