SHOCKING….See why pastor Enoch Adeboye don’t want to live longer
The General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, Pastor Enoch Adejare Adeboye, on Monday told a large congregation in Minna, Niger state, that he does not want to live up to 120 years on earth.
Adeboye said this while delivering a message at the birthday service held at the Justice Idris Legbo Kutigi International Conference Centre in honour of Pastor Yerima El-Samaila of the Faith Foundation Church who turned 70 years on Monday.
He also disclosed that he did not think he would preside over the 80th birthday service of the celebrant.
“It is not how long you live but how well you spend your life, I don’t want to be 120 years old, longevity is good but there is a limit.
“People don’t want to die because they don’t know where they are going, I know where I am going, I have seen heaven, I have seen my house in heaven, I know what is waiting for me there, heaven is beautiful, and I can’t wait to go.
“I want to finish what I have to do here and finish it well, any of us can go at any moment we have to get ready for home.”
He therefore challenged Christians to be committed to God more than ever before, saying that: “Many Christians are getting distracted from God”.
Christians should not forget the most important reason why they are here, adding that it was to show God’s glory.
He advised other men of God to ‘stop playing church and become committed to the almighty God and do their utmost so that when they are leaving they can also say they have fulfilled their purpose’.
Adeboye thanked God for the life of the celebrant, his family, his ministry and commitment to God.
“It takes a man like you to bring me to Minna at a time like this and I rejoice that I could come.”
Pastor Adeboye and his wife later joined Pastor El- Samaila in the cutting of the 70th birthday cake which he (Adeboye) presented to the celebrant.
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- Poor awareness of Tuberculosis Disease causing havoc in Nigeria – NTBLCP
- Funke Akindele deletes PDP’s political posts on Instagram page
- Popular music legand, Jaigbade Alao is dead
- We’ll review governorship, state assembly election results — INEC
- Adamawa guber: Thugs protest apparent loss of APC’s Binani
- Breaking…. Kano govt imposes 24hrs curfew as NNPP wins guber poll
- Nigeria not practising democracy but ‘Agberocracy’– Apostle Suleman
- Election victory: Kwara CMO Coordinator, Idris Haroon felicitates with Gov. AbdulRazaq
- Dikko Radda of APC declared winner Katsina guber election
- APC candidate, Ahmed Aliyu wins sokoto guber polls