A 50-yr-old man, Raymond Ihugba, has been allegedly murdered by his wife in Akwakuma Autonomous Community Owerri, Imo State.
Ihugba, the father of four children was reportedly killed by his wife, Augustina, after a protracted squabble ensued between them.
ROYAL NEWS gathered that the remains of the victim had been deposited at the mortuary of the Federal Medical Centre, Owerri, while the suspect was on the run.
The mother of the deceased, Mrs. Eunice Ihugba, told newsmen that trouble started between Raymond and Augustina because the latter was always making high financial demand from him despite his lean resources.
She said, “My efforts and those of Augustina’s relations to arrest the ugly situation proved abortive.
“Augustina poured the acid on him, set him ablaze and ran into hiding. Raymond was rushed to the Emergency Ward of the FMC, Owerri, from where he was transferred to the ward 10 of the hospital where he eventually gave up the ghost.”
The traditional ruler of the community, Eze Charles Osuji, who confirmed the incident, described it as an abomination to the community.
He advised residents of the tension-soaked community to remain calm and allow the police to handle the matter.
Meanwhile, the state Police Public Relations Officer, Mr. Andrew Enwerem, has denied knowledge of the incident.
- Flooding: Wurukum Traders appeal to Gov over N2bn properties loss
- Kwara Police gets first female spokesperson, DSP Ejire-Adeyemi Adetoun
- Nigeria committed to end terrorism, maintenance of peace –Gaidam
- Kwara Govt. Kicks Against Street Begging
- (PHOTOS) Medical Laboratory Council Inducts KWASU’s 46 Newly Qualified Graduates
- 12 feared dead in ghastly auto crash in Kwara
- Gov. AbdulRazaq’s media aide, Rafiu Ajakaye warns against sensational reporting
- COAS visits Benue, pledges more military interventions in crises ridden areas
- Engr. Yunusa Yahaya’s death, a monumental loss to humanity— Emir of Okuta
- Emir Sulu-Gambari condoles with Etsu Tsaragi over Yahaya’s death