Ahead of the forthcoming general elections, youths have been enjoined to remain resolute and steadfast in their yearning for good governance and quality leadership in Kwara State.
A governorship hopeful on the platform of the All Progressives Congress, (APC), Alhaji Shuaibu Yaman Abdullahi, in a statement signed on Wednesday by his Director of Media and Publicity, Mallam Abdulazeez Arowona, described a report in the media as blatant lie and attempt to cause disaffection and mislead members of the public.
According to him, “it is the constitutional right of every Nigerians to express their views. But there are limitations to what extent such expression can be made especially when matters under discussion lacks fact(s)and evidence(s), it therefore becomes assassination of character which is a criminal offence . Maligning the personality of others should be taken with serious cautions in order to avoid crises in the land.
” On no accounts would I have collected money from anybody under any guise or pretence. The authors of the report has demonstrated high sense of mischief, selfishness and moral bankrupt aimed at suiting the interest of their sponsors and co-travellers.”
Yaman added that, “I am not in this governorship race to enrich myself nor family. I am out to salvage the present socio-economic menaces in our dear state which had been working against the growth and development of our future. To set records straight, there was no telephone conversation between me and the candidate of PDP neither was there any relationship between us.
” However, it is crystal clear that the handwritings everywhere are; poverty, unemployment, youths’ addiction to drugs and other social vices, maladministration and bad governance. Kwara State’s economy shall be well managed under our governance insha Allah if you give us your support.”
He therefore noted that the media report is untrue, frivolous , mischievous, unfondly , unwarranted and condemnable and urged members of the public to disregard it and be more focused and committed to the change mantra project.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Gov. Abdulrazaq, KAMWIRE, Etsu Patigi, others for Kwara NUJ award
- Nigeria/India engages to boost volume of trade, economic activities
- Scandal rocks CCB as commissioners accuse chairman of corruption
- Atala Oil Field: NUPRC under fire in Senate over wrongful re-allocation
- 62 National Day, Sen. Enang urges Nigerians to keep hope alive
- Sheikh Aboto’s death has left another vacuum in dawwah activities— Emir of Ilorin
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)