The Simba Sports Club of Tanzania has arrived in Jos for their encounter against Plateau United FC in a CAF Champions League preliminary round match billed for Sunday, Mr. Albert Dakup, the Media Officer of Plateau United said in a statement on Saturday in Jos.
According to Dakup, the team, comprising 30 players, technical crew, the Chief Executive Officer of the Club, as well as backroom staff, landed at the Yakubu Gowon Airport , Heipang , aboard a Max Airline flight at exactly 5:07p.m. on Friday.
He said the 46-man delegation of Simba SC, which arrived in Nigeria via the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport, Abuja on Wednesday, was led by Ahmed Msafiri Mgoyi, in company of the Tanzanian Ambassador to Nigeria, Dr. Benson Bana Tzambassadir.
The delegation was received on arrival in Jos by the Chairman of the Plateau State Football Association, Mr Sunday Longbab, in company of other members of the association and management staff of Plateau United, Dakup said.
ROYAL NEWS reports that the match, which is expected to kick off at exactly 4 pm., would only be watched by 30 per cent fans in strict compliance with the COVID-19 safety protocol stipulated by the National Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) and the Presidential Task Force on COVID-19.
- SHOCKING… Governor loses son
- Banks in Ogun applauded over circulation of new naira notes
- FG approves trade union for Bolt, Uber Drivers
- Election: Close down institutions, allow students vote– Reps to FG
- ICPC re-arrests former JAMB registrar Dibu Ojerinde
- Kwara Assembly approves extension of Acting Auditor-General’s tenure
- Ex-JAMB registrar opened fictitious accounts to conceal his identity– Witness
- No attempt to create conflict between Tinubu, Buhari will succeed – APC
- Lubcon bags West Africa’s best lubricant of year
- NYSC gets 8 new directors, promotes 1,123 others