Members of Air Transport Service Senior Association of Nigeria (ATSSAN) and those of the National Union of Air Traffic Employers (NUATE) at the Ilorin International Airport,on Tuesday joined their counterparts across the country to protest the concession of some airports by the federal government.
The protesting workers carried placards with inscriptions such as; ‘No to concession because is evil’, ‘Sirika must go – enemy of progress’, ‘No to airport concessioning’ among others.
The branch chairman of ATSSAN, Comrade Alonge Isaac told newsmen that ” we are all part of government but what we are after is for things to work out well for all in aviation industry.
“It usually pain us when things are not working out fine. What is government mission for the concession of airport? We are saying no to concession with one voice. We want government to come to round table with us and see how we can join hands to make sure that things work out perfectly.”
Also,the Secretary of NUATE, Comrade Sanni Abdulazeez said “there is nothing wrong in concessioning but due process must be followed. They should discuss with the workers too because they are also stakeholder. Government should come to a round table with the workers and seek their opinion. It is not a welcome idea for government to just announce concession in the media without considering the interest of the workers and other stakeholders”.
- Ex-Gov. Ahmed to be charge to court soon– EFCC
- Oyo Govt Reopens Industrial Facility Sealed Over Pollution
- Customs deploys new Area Controller to Kwara
- Senate probes cement, other building materials’ prices increase
- Kwara students applaud AbdulRazaq for pro-masses programmes
- Senate rejects planned electricity tariff hike, probes N2trn subsidy requirements
- CBN’s Monetary Policy C’ttee nominees proffer solutions to FX, food crisis
- Senate confirms NHIA, NPC, NAHCON nominees
- Abuja lawyer, Maxwell Opara drags Tinubu to Court over alleged lopsided appointments
- Kwara AGILE to Secure Future of Children – KWSG