Authority of the University of Ibadan, has handed over six workers at the institution’s Distance Learning Centre to the Department of the State Security for alleged involvement in examination malpractice.
They are; Edward Eborgu (Head of UI DLC software Unit); Kehinde Ajao (Head Student Support); Shola Akintunde (Executive Officer and Media representative); Ademola Okunola (IT personnel); one Lanre (IT personnel) and one David in the Director’s office.
Investigation showed that the workers were detained for allegedly smuggling scripts for students during examinations, fabricating Computer Based Test results, falsifying clearance mostly for students having disciplinary issues, among others.
The Director of Communications of the university, Mr. Olatunji Oladejo, confirmed the development in a telephone conversation with journalists on Monday evening.
Oladejo said the director of the centre alerted the vice-chancellor of the involvement of the said lecturers.
He hinted further that the VC was miffed by the development and approved a thorough investigation of the matter.
A source within the university, who confided in our correspondent, said the information leading to their arrests came from their accomplices, who had been arrested during the ongoing examinations, and a protest by the students about illegal dealing among some of the non-teaching staff.
He said, “After they were arrested on Thursday last week, some of the workers reportedly stayed away from the DLC Centre.”
Oladejo also said, “When it happened, the director alerted the VC who ordered their arrest. Officials of the DSS were invited to effect the arrests. They were found indulging in examination malpractices.
“The vice-chancellor called on the DSS to engage in rigorous investigation and diligent prosecution to serve as deterrent to others.”
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector
- COAS tasks retired officers on maximum utilisation of entitlements
- Sulu-Gambari greets Olomu of Omu-Aran, Oba Adeoti at 66
- PDP governors working to resolve party crisis—Tambuwal